Tuesday, September 1, 2020

Hammer Time




 I go to the township board meeting letting them know with my “special care plan”, my neighbors lawns are healthy my neighbors houses are strong and my neighborhood is safe. 

I want to offer a wider template for the whole town to reap the same rewards.  I offer my services at a discount as it pleases me to see neighborhoods thrive but the board says they have seen these programs in the past and don't want to invest as past experience says its not worth it.

I accept that perhaps My “special care plan’ may not be for everyone and maybe its by-chance a few properties are finding great benefit. 

I keep it to myself but share it with close neighbors, and friends of neighbors as word is getting around that I can get grass to grow, houses to withstand Mother Nature, I take their success and feel good about giving and doing my small part with a small subset making a small but important impact.

THEN I find out one of the board members retires and goes on to become the first head of a “special care plan” clinic to change the town by making lawns healthy, town homes strong and the town and country safe!? And all the other board members are congratulating him stating he will make a great impact with this needed investment?!

WTF!!!

My house is smaller than the other township board members, 

My neighbors houses don’t need big hammers and nails to repair what needs fixing,

My title according to the township is “average towny” with average experience in rebuilding neighborhoods, 

My neighborhood impact is farther reaching and more sustainable than multimillion dollar infrastructure planning blueprints the board suggests to revamp neighbors,

My personal design takes a house at its face value and creates peace, longevity and blending with the landscape by embracing individual strengths and acknowledging weaknesses (not all houses will adapt into a one size fits all blueprint).

I have personal investment as I have rebuilt my own “average” house from the point of demolition to the current warm, resistant, and forever lasting.

Gonna have to find a new town but this time I’m taking my tools with me and building a city.