Sunday, April 3, 2011

Are we dying from our food?

While at the "meca" of indoor water parks in the midwest (Wisconsin Dells), I noticed in all the pictures we took that the background images showed alot of overweight and obese people. When in line to get a salad (which was packaged in the smallest plastic container in the lunch place) there were some very large people loading up on french fries, pizza, icecream and hamburgers. As I stood in line, I noticed that most were kids! ( It brought back an image from childhood of the movie Yellow Submarine by The Beetle, those characters called the Snapping Turks.) I was standing next to kids that were about 2-3 times my size! My analytical brain kicked in and thought, my weight loss clinic is going to be very busy in the next 20 years, I better hire more healthcare providers. Then I thought, it's not just the engorgement of food volume that will make these young adults add to the growing number of "adult onset diabetes", it is also the poisonous reactions that are happening to kids. Wheat, gluten and dairy allergies are just growing every year in the US. As my god-daughter was running around our room, mom was always close by to make sure she wasnt getting into anything with milk or peanuts. She had a good question as to why do kids develop allergies to foods that are supposed to be harmless. Foods that humans cultivate are supposed to serve humanity and sustain life. How to the foods we grow turn around and kill us. I remember there was a "classroom lock down/hazmat situation" when a peanut was found in an elementary classroom. Because of one childs peanut allergy, the whole room of children could never eat anything with peanuts in it for lunch (from kinder to 8th grade). Anaphylatic shock has been reported more frequently to these little vegetables in the last two decades. If terrorist wanted to really scare the US, just drop peanuts, dairy, gluten into our water supply and you can wipe out a significant portion of the US population. In an attempt to explain to my sister in law about food allergies, I contemplated how I can get this information to my patients. Of course the universe answered and an herbalist that taught me the ropes on natural healing sent me this presentation. I reviewed it and her work.....very solid studies and in a format easy to understand. Enjoy and learn.... Robyn Obrien and The Unhealthy Truth.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rixyrCNVVGA